Anyone can nominate someone for the OUHRA Award. Please follow these guidelines and instructions.
Instructions for nominations
- Applications must be received by Nov. 1. Any nominations received after that will be considered for the following year.
- Only one nomination per person, per year.
- Before submitting, check the online directory to determine if your proposed nominee has not already received the award.
- Adequate information must be submitted for our nominations committee to access the candidate. While being as concise as possible please provide the following:
- Brief biography including where they were born, how long they have lived in the U.S. (if they were not born in the U.S.) their education, how long that they have lived in Oklahoma
- anything else that is relevant to human rights. We would like to know them and evaluate their life and career. While being as concise a possible…
- Please do not send only someone’s curriculum vitae — tailor your submission for our award and provide a specific argument for why they deserve it. If approved, your submission will be used for that nominee’s description on our website and in press materials.
- Submit using the person’s full legal name. A background check will be performed.
- If approved, OKUHRA will notify your nominee about the award and the December ceremony by postal mail. Both you and they are asked to attend that event. You agree to notify us if that will not be possible.
The file should be opened in Word or other word-processing program, and edited with your info. If you have problems, contact us.
How to submit the nomination
Email : Format should be a .doc or .docx or PDF. Send to email@example.com
Postal mail: OKUHRA, PO Box 57334, Oklahoma City, OK 73157